Wednesday 17 April 2013

Marble Arch



Last but by no means least Marble Arch, the home of Marble Brewery.

The pub itself as many will know is great example of the old tiled pubs, it reminds me of the old station pubs that I have seen pictures of in books and the odd film.


We headed there on a day that Manchester City were playing at home as such they had a food special for the fans on their way back. Despite it's tall ceilings the pub itself is very compact but by heck can you fit a lot of folk in! They did have some guests on but as this was an unparalleled chance to try many Marble beers they didn't appear on our ordering. As you would expect they were all in tip top condition, my personal favourite was unsurprisingly the stout although I did quite like the bottled ginger stout which was a surprise as ginger in beer isn't usually my thing as per.

Food was good too which was great as the pub was further out than I expected from the main part of Manchester.

3 comments:

  1. Thank god you didn't get knifed around the the rough end of Manchester. Rougher than Liverpool, round there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there must be a better way of walking there than we took, maybe a bus next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in there quite a few times over the years; I can't say I've ever noticed the area was particularly rough. The pub was taken over in the 1980s by a couple of CAMRA members. It was quite nondescript until they removed the false ceiling to reveal the beautiful tiles that everyone, including the former owners, had been completely unaware of.

    ReplyDelete