Tuesday 4 January 2011

Great British Beer

Well it is great, but it's not the actual liquid I'm thinking about here but a rather nifty little booklet I found on Sunday in the Bricklayers Arms in Putney.

It is a Camra publication and I wish I had this when I first started drinking beer, it's clear and easy to read. One of the first of it's kind I have read that advertises beer without slagging of other alcoholic beverages. It explains about handpumps and real beer as per Camra guidelines with a light section on beer ingredients which is informative but not boring and then the bulk of the booklet is about the different beer styles. Brilliant piece of work.

And even better, it is free where pubs have them on display so you have something to read when you are sitting there with your drink. Thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a good booklet. A lot of CAMRA publications distributed free in pubs are quite boring, as they merely regurgitate material from the CAMRA website or 'What's Brewing', and ignore the fact that most of their readers aren't CAMRA members or possibly not even real ale drinkers. For information, I'm a member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a filled in form but haven't sent it off yet.

    ReplyDelete